Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas Recipe with Homemade Guacamole
For the Guacamole:
- 3 peeled, seeded and mashed avocados
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ½ teaspoon of cumin
- ½ peeled and small diced yellow onion
- 1 seeded and small diced tomato
- 1 seeded and small diced jalapeño
For the Chicken:
- 6 each chicken tenders and skinless chicken thighs
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- Juice of 1 each lime and lemon
- 2 teaspoons each of garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, cumin and chili powder
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
For the Toppings:
- 2 each seeded and julienne red and green bell peppers
- 1 peeled and julienne yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Flour tortillas
- Sour cream
- Shredded Monterrey jack and Colby jack cheese
- Cilantro and lime wedges for garnish
- Guacamole: Combine together all of the ingredients in a medium size bowl and chill before serving.
- Chicken: Combine all of the ingredients together in a bowl and marinate for 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- Spread out the marinated chicken on a sheet tray lined with parchment paper and bake in the oven for 18-20 minutes.
- Next, add the peppers and onions around the chicken, drizzle olive oil on them and season with salt and pepper and place the pan back in the oven for 10-12 minutes or until lightly roasted.
- Remove the pan from the oven and slice the chicken.
- Serve the chicken, peppers and onions inside of a warm tortilla and add on desired toppings.