Shaved Cauliflower Salad with Smoked Whitefish, Mayo, Lemon, Radicchio & Herbs
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp (3 g) salt, plus more for seasoning
- 2 lemons (3 fl oz | 90 ml), zested and juiced separately
- 10 fl oz (300 ml) neutral oil
- 4 oz (115 g) smoked whitefish, deboned and flaked
- 1 small (4 oz | ½ cup | 115 g) red onion or shallot, cut into thin slices
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 head (2 lb | 8 cups | 910 g) cauliflower, cored, cut into quarters, cut into thin slices
- 1 head (½ lb | 230 g) radicchio, cut into quarters and cored leaving the leaves as big petals
- ½ bunch parsley (1.2 oz | ¾ cup | 34 g), stemmed, leaves left whole
- 5 sprigs dill, stemmed, leaves left whole (optional)
- ½ cup (70 g) sunflower seeds, toasted
- In a food processor, whiz the egg, ½ tsp salt, and the zest and juice of 1 lemon. Slowly drizzle in the oil to make mayo. Add the whitefish to the mayo and blend until mostly smooth.
- Combine the onion with the zest and juice of the second lemon, a big pinch of salt, and several grinds of pepper.
- Toss the cauliflower, radicchio, parsley, and dill with the onion-lemon mixture and a pinch of salt.
- Drizzle with the whitefish mayo and top with the sunflower seeds.