Parsnip Togarashi Old Fashioned:
Shichimi Togarashi Roasted Parsnip Applejack:
For the Old Fashioned:
(1) In a rocks glass filled with one large ice cube, pour the infused applejack, bitters, and maple syrup (in that order). Stir briefly (5-10 seconds) and serve.
Optional: sprinkle additional shichimi togarashi on the ice cube to garnish.
For the Applejack:
(1) Preheat the oven to 425. Peel the parsnips and halve them lengthwise. Toss in olive oil and shichimi togarashi, then arrange in roasting pan cut side down.
(2) Roast for 20 minutes, then toss and broil under high heat for an additional minute or two, until lightly charred but not shriveled.
(3) Remove from oven and let cool. Chop roughly into french fry sized pieces, then combine with applejack in a sealed container (pour applejack until it just covers the parsnips).
(4) Let stand in a cool dark place for 24 hours, then strain through a fine mesh sieve or cheesecloth into a bottle or decanter. Store in the fridge.