Sausage Kale & Potato Chowder
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup chopped purple onion
- 2 pounds mild Italian Sausage
- 8-10 medium red potatoes, diced
- 1 ½ cups sliced carrots
- 64 oz chicken broth
- 1 can coconut milk (full fat)
- 1 bunch chopped kale, stems removed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large cast-iron pot, melt olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and onion, cook until aromatic. Add sausage and brown until cooked through.
- Add potatoes, carrots, and broth. Bring to a boil, cook until potatoes are tender.
- Add coconut milk and kale. Cook on medium-high, just until kale is tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Salt and pepper to taste.