- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Coat squash, fennel and cauliflower with olive oil, season with a little salt, spread on a baking sheet and roast for 15-20 minutes. Flip over and roast for an additional 10 minutes, until slightly browned on both sides.
- In a large soup pot, melt butter, onion and thyme. Sauté until the onion is translucent.
- Add roasted vegetables, bay leaves and stock to soup pot. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add all spice to soup mixture and remove bay leaves.
- Carefully transfer hot liquid into a blender and blend until smooth, approximately 2 minutes.
- Return to the pot and serve topped with crème fraiche, crostini’s and toasted pepita seeds.
NOTE: This recipe makes a large batch for entertaining; however, excess can be refrigerated up to 2 days or placed in the freezer to be served at a later date.