- Oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place cubed beets in a medium sized bowl and toss with oil, salt and pepper.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and lay out beets in an even layer.
- Cook for 30 minutes, until fork tender.
- Set aside and allow to cool.
- While the beets are cooking stir balsamic vinegar and honey together in a small saucepan and place over high heat.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer until the vinegar mixture has reduced to 1/3 cup, about 10 minutes.
- Brush the baguette slices with olive oil and toast in the oven for a few minutes to warm.
- Spread the goat cheese on sliced baguettes.
- Add the roasted beets as the next layer on top of the goat cheese.
- Drizzle each crostini with balsamic reduction.
- Top with basil, parmesan, pomegranate seeds and a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
Make ahead: The beets and balsamic reduction can both be prepped ahead of time. The beets can be served chilled or warm they are delicious both ways! If you need to assemble everything ahead of time, bake the crostini to more of a toast and add balsamic and basil just before serving.