350 ml Vodka
25 g fresh orange peel (no pith, orange only)
25 g dried orange peel (Sevilles preferred)
25 g dried lemon peel
25 g dried grapefruit peel
0.2 g whole cloves
2.5 g green cardamom seeds removed from pod
2 g caraway seeds
2.5 g quassia bark
5 g dried gentian root
(1) Add all ingredients except the vodka and fresh orange peel to a blender or spice mill and blend or grind until all are the size of small peppercorns.
(2) Put the spice mixture, vodka and fresh orange peel into a 0.5 L iSi Gourmet Whip. Attach the Rapid Infusion accessories to the iSi Gourmet Whip as per instructions.
(3) Screw on 1 iSi Cream Charger as per instructions and shake. Then place the iSi Whipper in very hot water (max. 165 F, I use my sous vide for this) for 20 minutes. Immediately cool in ice water for 5 minutes, then quickly vent the iSi Whipper by pressing the lever.
(4) Unscrew the device head from the iSi stainless steel bottle and remove the sieve and the sieve seal. Empty the infused liquid into a glass through the iSi Funnel & Sieve lined with a nut milk or straining bag.
(5) Squeeze the bag until you have recovered 185 ml of liquid. Trying to squeeze out more will result in a more bitter liquid.