Pumpkin Spice Latte Cupcake Recipe
For the Cupcakes:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon espresso powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15 oz.) can pumpkin puree
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
For the Whipped Topping:
- 2 cups heavy cream, chilled
- ¼ cup confectioners’ sugar
- Ground cinnamon for dusting
- Caramel sauce for drizzling
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Line cupcake pans with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, espresso powder, baking soda, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, and salt.
- Stir together and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, blend together the pumpkin, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and oil. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- With the mixture on low speed, add the flour mixture in two additions, mixing just until incorporated. Fill the cupcake liners ¾ full.
- Bake until the cupcakes are golden, about 18-20 minutes. Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes, then remove the cupcakes from the pans.
- To make the whipped topping, place the heavy cream in the clean bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Whip on medium-low then increase to high speed.
- Add in the confectioners’ sugar ¼ cup at a time. Whip until stiff peaks form, being careful not to over-beat. Use a pastry bag fitted with a large open star tip to frost the cooled cupcakes.
- Sprinkle with ground cinnamon and drizzle with caramel sauce. Store in an airtight container and refrigerate.