Preheat the oven to 350 and grease two loaf pans.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, pumpkin spice and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, pumpkin, oil and sugars. Mix until combined.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients and blend until combined.
- Fold in the diced apple.
- Divide batter evenly between the two loaf pans.
- Bake loaves for 50-60 minutes or until a tester inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack before removing from the pan.
- To make the glaze, whisk together the sifted powder sugar and maple syrup. If the glaze is too thick, add water, one teaspoon at a time, until the desired consistency is reached.
- Drizzle the glaze over the loaves.
- *Note: To make your own pumpkin pie spice, combine one teaspoon each cinnamon and ginger with one-half teaspoon each allspice, cloves and nutmeg.