Pressure Cooker Barbacoa Beef Recipe
- 28-ounce can of diced tomatoes and juice
- 1 peeled yellow onion
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 chipotles in adobo sauce
- 2 tablespoons of cumin
- 1 tablespoon of dry oregano
- Juice of 1 lime
- 4 lbs of beef chuck roast
- 1 tablespoons of olive oil
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- In a blender combine the tomatoes, onion, garlic, chipotles, cumin, oregano, lime juice, salt and pepper and turn on high until smooth. Set aside.
- Next, season the beef on all sides with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle the olive oil into the pressure cooker pot on high heat and sear the beef on all sides until golden brown.
- Pour the pureed tomato mixture into the pot with the beef and place on the lid and seal it and turn it to the meat setting, and set the timer to 59 minutes.
- Cook until it beeps once and then reduce the heat to low. Note: A steady gentle stream of steam should release the entire time.
- Once it beeps again, let it set for 10 minutes with the heat off and release the pressure handle until the steam has stopped.
- Remove the beef and shred.
- Serve as main protein in homemade tacos.