Potato and Rosemary Soufflé Recipe
- 3 cups (18oz / 540g) mashed potatoes
- 2 tablespoons (1oz / 30g) butter
- 1 heaping cup grated cheddar cheese
- ⅓ cup (2 ½ fl oz / 75 ml) half and half
- 1 ½ teaspoons chopped rosemary
- 3 large eggs, separated and at room temperature
- Generous pinch of salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375oF (190oC). Generously brush the inside of 4 mini cocotte dishes with butter.
- In a large bowl mix together the mashed potato, butter, grated cheese, half and half, and rosemary. Stir in the egg yolks and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the egg whites to a large bowl. Whisk until the egg whites form stiff peaks.
- Add a heaping scoop of egg whites to the potato mixture; gently stir to combine. Fold in the remaining egg whites until no streaks of white remain.
- Fill each of the prepared soufflé dishes 3/4 of the way full with the potato mixture.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the soufflé is puffed and a rich golden brown color. Serve immediately.