Peppermint Bark Recipe
- 30 crushed peppermint hard candies, divided
- 1 ½ pounds dark chocolate candy, chopped
- 1 ½ pounds white chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoon oil-based peppermint flavoring
- Spread 1/3 of the peppermint candy over a 9x13-inch baking pan lined with wax paper.
- Melt the dark chocolate in the top of a double boiler over simmering water, stirring frequently and scraping down the sides with a rubber spatula.
- Pour the melted chocolate over peppermint candy in the prepared pan. Sprinkle another 1/3 of the candy on top of the milk chocolate. Refrigerate until the chocolate hardens, about 30 minutes.
- Melt the white chocolate using the same technique and add peppermint flavoring.
- Pour the white chocolate over the dark chocolate, then spread the remaining 1/3 peppermint candy on top.
- Refrigerate until the white chocolate hardens, about 30 minutes. Cut or break into pieces to serve.