One Pot Vegan Turmeric Cauliflower Chickpea Stew
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 shallots, diced
- 2 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 whole lemon, juiced
- 2 teaspoons turmeric powder
- 2 teaspoons ginger powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 cups reduced-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 3-4 cups cauliflower florets (about 1 head of cauliflower)
- 1 can chickpeas
- ¼ cup fresh italian parsley, chopped
- Add coconut oil, shallots and celery to a soup pot over medium/low heat. Saute for 3 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice, seasoning, vegetable broth, coconut milk and cauliflower. Bring to a boil and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Use an immersion blender to blend the soup partially so that is creamy but retains some pieces of cauliflower.
- Add the chickpeas and parsley and simmer for 8-10 minutes to finish heating.