Molten Nutella Mug Cake Recipe
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2-4 tablespoons coconut sugar (or granulated sugar)
- Pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons coconut milk (or your favorite milk)
- 3 tablespoons canola
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-3 tablespoons Nutella
- 1 tablespoon brewed coffee
- Ice cream, for serving (optional)
- Lightly grease a microwave safe mug with cooking spray. To the mug add the flour, cocoa powder, sugar and a pinch of salt. Whisk it all together with a fork.
- Add the egg, milk, canola oil and vanilla. Use a fork to whisk the batter together until just combined. Try to make sure you have incorporated all the flour off the bottom of the mug.
- Spoon 1-2 tablespoons of Nutella into the center of the batter, pushing it slightly into the batter. Drizzle the coffee over top of the batter.
- Place in the microwave on full power for 1 minute and 30 seconds to 2 minutes. I have a 1200 watt microwave and found 1 minute and 30 seconds was perfect.
- Allow the cake to cool 1 minute and maybe add a scoop of ice cream!
- Enjoy right away, warm! Oh, and grab a cold glass of milk too!