Mint Cheesecake Recipe Recipe
For the Cheesecake:
- 24 oreos
- 5 tablespoons of melted unsalted butter
- 2 pounds of cream cheese
- 1 ½ cups of sugar
- 16 minced chocolate mints
- ½ teaspoon of peppermint extract
- 5 eggs
- ¼ cup of heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 12 drops of green food coloring
For the Topping:
- 2 ½ cups of sour cream
- ½ cup of powdered sugar
- 2 crushed candy canes
- 4 minced chocolate mints
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Add the oreos and melted butter to a food processor and process on high until it resembles a grainy meal.
- Transfer the mixture to a spring form pan and press down to form the crust of the cheesecake. Set aside.
- Next beat the cream cheese in a large bowl with a hand mixer on high speed until light and fluffy, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Beat in the sugar, mints and extract until completely combined.
- Add the eggs, whipping cream and sour cream and mix on high speed until it is mixed in.
- Finish by beating in the food coloring and then transfer the batter to the spring form pan and pour it over the oreo crust.
- Wrap the outside of the springform pan with a double lining of heavy duty foil and place it in a large 2” sheet tray. Fill with water until it reaches the halfway mark.
- Transfer the pans to the oven and bake at 350° for 90 to 100 minutes or until the center as a little wiggle.
- Remove the springform pan from the foil and pan and set on a rack and cool to room temperature and then transfer to the refrigerator and cool completely, or overnight.
- In a small bowl whisk together the sour cream and powdered sugar and spread over top of the cooled cheesecake and sprinkle on the crushed peppermints and minced chocolate mints.
- Slice and serve cold.