Mediterranean Chicken Recipe with Lemon Rice Recipe
- 2 cups of long grain white rice
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 4 6-ounce chicken breasts
- 2 - 3 large quartered tomatoes
- 1 can of quartered artichoke hearts
- ¼ cup of sliced Kalamata olives
- ¼ cup of sliced sun dried tomatoes
- ¼ cup of capers
- 2 cups of packed baby spinach
- Juice and zest of 1/2 lemon
- Feta cheese
- Fresh oregano and basil for garnish
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- Cook the rice in a rice cooker and keep warm before serving. If you don't have a rice cooker, a medium pot with a lid will work!
- Season the chicken breasts on all sides with salt and pepper.
- In a large sauté pan on high heat with 2 tablespoons of olive oil sear the chicken breasts for 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Note, do not cook through.
- Next, remove the chicken add the tomatoes, artichokes, olives, sun dried tomatoes and capers and saute for 3 to 4 minutes over high heat.
- Place the chicken breasts on top of the tomato mixture and place the pan in the oven for 6 to 8 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through out.
- Next, remove the chicken from the pan and fold the spinach in. Add in the juice of ½ lemon and season with salt and pepper.
- Fork the rice in the rice cooker and fold in the zest of ½ lemon and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve each chicken breasts over a bed of the tomato-spinach mixture, garnish with feta cheese and fresh herbs, and alongside the lemon rice.