Mashed Potato Soup Recipe Recipe
1 gallon of soup
- 1 small diced yellow onion
- 3 small diced stalks of celery
- 4 finely minced cloves of garlic
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 3 heaping tablespoons of flour
- 6 cups of vegetable stock
- 8 cups of leftover mashed potatoes
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- ½ pound of shredded cheddar cheese
- Kosher salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- Optional Garnishes: shredded cheddar cheese, chopped crispy cooked bacon, sliced chives
- In a large pot on high heat melt the butter and then saute the onions, celery and garlic for 4 to 6 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Next, sprinkle in the flour and mix until combined. Add the vegetable stock and bring to a boil.
- Whisk in the mashed potatoes and then mix in the cream and cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve hot with optional garnishes.