Maple Glazed Stuffed Acorn Squash Recipe
- 4 acorn squash, cut in half, seeds removed
- 1 lb breakfast sausage
- ½ cup butter
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ loaf French bread, cut into bite-sized cubes
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 apple, core removed, chopped
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 2 cups kale pieces, tightly packed
- 2 sprigs thyme
- ¼ cup fresh oregano
- ¼ cup fresh rosemary
- Parmesan cheese
- Pomegranate seeds
- Maple syrup (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook sausage and drain.
- Melt butter in cast iron skillet. Cook until butter is browned.
- Add brown sugar until melted.
- Toss bread, pecans, apples, and cranberries in butter until toasted (about 4-5 minutes).
- Remove heat, add kale and herbs and toss.
- Fill acorn squash with filling.
- Roast for 40 minutes or until squash is cooked through.
- Top with parmesan cheese, fresh herbs, pomegranate seeds and maple syrup. Serve immediately.