Make Ahead Lemon Chicken with Broccoli and Rice
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- juice of ½ lemon
- 6 lemon wheels
- 2 tablespoons of capers
- 1/3 cup of vegan butter + 1 tablespoon
- 1 ½ cups of basmati rice mixed with 2 ¼ cups of water
- 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 3 heads of trimmed broccoli + 2 tablespoons of water
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Season the chicken breasts on both sides with salt and pepper.
- heat a large saute pan over medium high heat with olive oil and cook the chicken breasts for 3 to 5 minutes or until golden brown on 1 side.
- Flip the chicken over and stir in the lemon juice, lemon wheels, capers and 1/3 cup of vegan butter. Cook over medium heat until the chicken is cooked through, about 8 minutes.
- Remove the chicken and slice. Set back in the pan and keep warm.
- Add the rice and water to a rice cooker and cook until it’s done.
- Stir in the thyme, garlic powder, and salt and pepper until combined and keep warm.
- Add the broccoli and 2 tablespoons of water to a medium size microwave safe bowl and cook in the microwave for 3 minutes. Mix in salt and pepper, and remaining 1 tablespoon of vegan butter.
- Divide all of the ingredients evenly amongst 6 containers and store in the refrigerator or freezer.
- Pull out, microwave until hot and serve.