- In a bowl, combine milk and yeast and let it rest for 10-15 minutes.
- Mix in 2 eggs and sugar until just combined.
- Pour the melted butter and stir well.
- Add in the flour and salt gradually, mix well.
- Knead the batter for 10 minutes on a floured surface until a smooth dough is formed.
- Return the dough back into a bowl, cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place in a warm place to let the dough rise and double in size.
- After the dough has doubled, take it out of the bowl and gently punch it down. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough out onto a lightly floured surface, rolling the dough until it's about 1 inch thick. Cut the dough with a donut cutter.
- Place donuts (1 inch apart) onto a baking pan that has been sprayed with butter cooking spray. Allow them to rest for 20 minutes.
- Apply egg wash on the surface of the doughnuts.
- Preheat the air fryer to 360F. Arrange the donuts on the frying basket (4 or 5 doughnuts at a time) and fry for 5 minutes.
- Remove the donuts and allow to cool, then glaze your donuts.
Notes: I use melted chocolate and white chocolate, and add sprinkles, chopped almonds, or crushed Oreos on top.