Leftover Turkey Chili Recipe
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 peeled and small diced yellow onion
- 2 each seeded and small diced red and green bell peppers
- 2 seeded and small diced jalapeños
- 2 pounds of roughly chopped leftover turkey
- 2 28-ounce cans of diced tomatoes and juice
- 3 cans each chickpeas and dark kidney beans, strained
- 1 cup of lentils
- 1/3 cup of chili powder
- ¼ cup of ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons of dry oregano
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- In a large pot on medium-high heat with olive oil add in the onions and peppers and cook until browned, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Next stir in the turkey, tomatoes, beans, lentils, chili powder, cumin and oregano and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Finish with cinnamon, salt and pepper and serve with sour cream, shredded cheddar and chopped green onions.