Kladdkaka (Gooey, Sticky Chocolate Cake)
8-inch springform pan
- 2/3 cup (150 gram) butter, melted
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons (240 gram) white sugar
- 1/3 cup (40 gram) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1-2 teaspoon vanilla bean paste, or vanilla sugar
- 1 cup + 1 tablespoon (120 gram ) all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 pinch salt
Just before serving:
- Powdered Sugar
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Preheat the oven to 347 F° 175 C°.
- Grease a springform pan ( 8-inch or 20 cm ) with butter and sprinkle cocoa powder to coat.
- Add the melted butter in a large bowl.
- Add sugar, cocoa powder, and salt and with a large whisk combine.
- Whisk in one egg at the time, followed by vanilla bean paste.
- Sift in the flour, and with a whisk combine, until it is lump free.
- Pour batter in the prepared springform pan and smooth out.
- The batter will be very thick.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until the top has hardened. The center should still be soft. ( i bake it for 18 minutes.)
- Cool the cake completely, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Just before serving, sprinkle the top with powdered sugar, cut the cake, serve and enjoy some Fika, Swedish-style.