Hong Kong Style Claypot Rice Bowl Recipe
For the Chicken:
- 1 lb chicken breast or thigh
- 3 tsp shaoxing wine
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tbs oyster sauce
- ½ tsp ground white pepper
For the Sauce:
- 2 tbs oyster sauce
- 1 tbs dark soy sauce
- 1 tbs light soy sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 ounces/ 56 grams dried Chinese sausage (Lap Cheong), sliced
- 1 cup long grain rice
1 cup water
1 scallion, chopped for garnish
- Marinate the chicken for 30 minutes.
- In the rice cooker, add the rice and water. Place chicken and sausage on top. Discard the marinade from chicken. Cook according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- Once the rice is cooked, pour in the drizzling mixed sauce.
- Mix the rice together to incorporate all the ingredients and sauce thoroughly with the rice, and add green onions on top.