Homemade Yogurt (recipe from Cuisipro)
- 3 cups whole milk
- 2 teaspoons plain, store-bought yogurt (such as Stonyfield)
- 2 teaspoons dried yogurt culture
- Heat milk in a saucepan over medium-high heat to a temperature of 185-190 degrees F, stirring occasionally.
- Remove milk from heat and let it cool to a temperature between 110-115 degrees F (to speed up the cooling process, place hot saucepan in a bowl of ice cold water).
- Mix yogurt or culture into cooled milk and stir until fully incorporated.
- Pour mixture into a heat-resistant container with a lid (or Cuisipro jars).
- Place container or jars into the Cuisipro yogurt maker, secure lid, and press “start”. The unit will automatically shut off after 10 hours.
- When finished, remove container and refrigerate yogurt for six hours before serving. Homemade yogurt will keep in the refrigerator for 10-14 days.