Homemade Pizza Pockets Recipe
8-10 pizza pockets
- 16 oz fresh pizza dough (homemade or check near the specialty cheese for fresh pizza dough at many grocery stores now)
- 1 cup pizza sauce, plus extra for dipping
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella blend cheese
- ¼ cup chopped pepperoni
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- Roll dough out into long strips. Cut into 3 inch wide strips with pizza roller.
- Roll dough through a pasta rolling attachment or use a rolling pin to roll out thinly.
- Transfer dough to a parchment paper or silicone lined cooking tray.
- Cut into 4 inch long section, 2 per pocket.
- Top one side with sauce, cheese and pepperoni.
- Brush the interior edges of both pieces with whisked egg. Lay top piece over bottom and crimp edges with a fork.
- Brush top with egg wash.
- Bake 15 minutes at 350 degrees. Brush top with egg wash again and sprinkle on parmesan cheese. Bake another 1-2 minutes until browned.
- Serve warm with extra pizza sauce for dipping.