Homemade Cinnamon Applesauce Recipe
2 quarts of apple sauce
- 6 each cored and peeled granny smith apples and Fuji apples
- ¼ cup of water
- ¼ cup each of light brown sugar and granulated sugar
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- Add all of the ingredients to a large pot and cook over medium-low heat for 20 to 25 minutes or until the apples are tender.
- Blend the apples using a hand blender until smooth and cook for 10 more minutes on low heat.
- Transfer the apples to jars and chill completely before serving.