Homemade Churro Ice Cream Sandwiches Recipe
10 ice cream sandwiches
- 2 cups of water
- ½ teaspoon of Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil + 2 cups for frying
- 2 sticks of unsalted butter
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon
- 3 pints assorted desired ice cream flavors
- Preheat 2 cups of oil to 350°.
- Bring the water, salt, 2 tablespoons of oil and butter to a boil and then whisk in the flour until completely combined.
- Whisk in 1 egg at a time until mixed in and then transfer it to a piping bag with a star tip.
- Makes 5” wide churro dough circles onto parchment paper.
- Place the dough circles into the oil and fry for 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until lightly golden brown. Remove from the oil and set on a rack or paper towel to dry.
- In a bowl whisk together the sugar and cinnamon and dredge the cooked churros in the mixture.
- Place 1 large scoop of ice cream onto a churro and press on another churro and squeeze gently until the ice cream moves to the outside edges.
- Freeze before serving.