In a medium-sized bowl mix together softened butter, herbs, garlic, and black pepper until smooth and well incorporated.
For the Lobster:
- In a shallow, medium-sized pan add two tablespoons of compound butter on medium heat until melted.
- Sear lobster halves on each side for 1 minute. Add in another tablespoon of compound butter, turn lobster shells tail hard shell side down and place a lid over the pan.
- Steam on medium low heat for 3-5 minutes or until shells have turned bright red. Serve with fresh lemon if desired.
For the Steak:
- While lobster is cooking, heat a separate medium sized pan with 3 tablespoons of compound butter on medium heat. Add in a couple of peeled garlic cloves and rosemary sprigs to melted butter.
- Season your steaks generously with salt and pepper. Sear steaks on each side for 2-3 minutes. Go a bit longer if you prefer your steak well done.
- Cover steak with foil after cooking and let rest for 5 minutes before cutting into strips.
Serve each item up as a small tasting plate between you and your partner!