Gruyère Cheese Popovers with Garlic & Herb Butter Recipe
For the Popovers:
- 6 eggs
- 2 ¼ cup of whole milk
- 3 tablespoons of melted unsalted butter
- 2 ¼ cups of all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon of Kosher salt
- ½ cup of finely shredded gruyère cheese
For the Butter:
- 8 ounces of unsalted butter
- 3 finely minced cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon of fresh thyme leaves
- Kosher salt to taste
- Add two popover pans to an oven and preheat to 425° and let sit for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, whisk together the eggs, milk and butter in one bowl and set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together the flour and salt and then pour the liquid mixture into the flour and salt bowl and whisk until completely combined.
- Remove the popover pans from the oven and spray with non-stick spray and evenly divide the batter between 10 popover cups in the pan.
- Top off with finely grated gruyère cheese and bake at 425° for 20 minutes.
- Turn the heat down to 325° and bake the popovers for 10 more minutes and serve immediately.
- While the popovers are in the oven add 8 ounces of butter to a standing mixer with the paddle attachment and whip on high speed until light and fluffy, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Finish off the butter by adding in the garlic, herbs and salt.
- Serve the butter alongside the hot gruyère cheese popovers.