- Preheat your outdoor grill to high. You may also use a cast-iron grill pan for this if the weather is nasty or you don't have a grill. Just preheat the grill pan over high heat. (Be warned! Cast-iron can get pretty smoky, so turn on the vent-a-hood.)
- Next, slice the large radicchio into quarters leaving the root-end intact so that the leaves do not separate. Drizzle cut radicchio with 1/8 cup of the olive oil.
- Grill the radicchio for about 20-30 seconds per side. You want grill marks and a smoky flavor, but you don't want to burn it all up.
- Remove radicchio from the grill to a plate in order for it to rest while you make the dressing.
- Place the honey and lemon juice in a medium mixing bowl. Whisk as you add the remaining 1/8 cup of olive oil. Add the raisins, pepper, and salt to taste.
- To assemble the salad, place once quarter of the grilled radicchio on each plate and press it with the palm of your hand. This will spread the leaves out just a bit to make a nicer presentation. Divide the dressing, walnuts, and supremed orange slices among the salads. Add sea salt and cracked black pepper to taste.
Click HERE for more about this recipe.