- 6 lobster tails, cut in half
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 4 cups water
- 4 carrots, cut into large pieces
- 4 celery stalks, cut into large pieces
- 2 onions, quartered
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 1 tsp black peppercorns
- 1 bay leaf
- Olive oil
- Old Bay seasoning
- 6 lemons, cut in half
- Into a large pot over medium-high heat, add vegetable stock, water, carrots, celery, onions, thyme, salt, peppercorns and bay leaf. Bring to a boil.
- Into boiling stock, add half of lobster tails. Par-cook 2 minutes, until shell color is set.
- Remove lobster from stock and set aside on a sheet tray. Repeat with remaining lobster tails.
- In a grill or grill pan on medium-high heat, place lobster tails and generously sprinkle with old bay seasoning.
- Brush grill with olive oil. Place lemon halves flesh-side down. Grill 5 minutes, until caramelized.
- Brush grill once more with olive oil. Place lobster tails flesh-side down on grill. Cook 6 minutes, until meat is firm and cooked but still tender. Remove from heat and serve immediately.