Goat Cheese Tart with Sundried Tomatoes, Pine Nuts + Basil
For the Crust:
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 6 ounces of cold butter
- 1 to 2 ounces of ice cold water
For the Filling:
- 8 ounces of cream cheese
- 6 ounces of goat cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of heavy whipping cream
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
For the Topping:
- 1 ½ cups of chopped sun dried tomatoes
- ½ cup of chopped toasted pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons of chiffonade basil
- 1 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 350°
- In a food processor, process all of the ingredients until combined.
- Sprinkle some flour onto a cutting board and place the dough on the surface.
- Roll out the dough until it is large enough to fill up a 12" long springform tart tin.
- Place the dough into the tin and form it cutting away any excess dough. Dock the dough using a fork and place a piece of parchment paper over the top and 1 cup of dried beans.
- Par-bake the dough in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges.
- In a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, whip together the cheeses, salt and pepper until light and fluffy and then add 1 egg at a time until combined. Finish by folding in the cream.
- Transfer the batter by pouring it over top of the par-baked pie crust.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until lightly browned on top and firm in the center.
- Cool the tart to room temperature.
- In a separate medium size bowl, mix together the sun-dried tomatoes, pine nuts, basil and olive oil and evenly spread it over top of the cooled cake.
- Optional Serving Tip: Drizzle on some reduced balsamic vinegar for a more intense flavor.