Gluten-Free Vegan Soft Pumpkin Gingerbread Cookies Recipes
- ½ cup unsweetened pumpkin puree
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free All-Purpose Baking Flour
- ½ cup brown rice flour
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- In a medium bowl wish all the wet ingredients together until mixed well.
- In a stand mixer or Cuisinart add all the dry ingredients and pulse until fully combined.
- Add the wet ingredients and pulse/mix until a sticker batter forms.
- Scoop batter into a ball and chill covered in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Dust your rolling surface with a GF flour (I like to use coconut flour) and roll out the dough to about ¼ inch thickness; cut dough into shapes with cookie cutter.
- You can also skip step (6) and break the dough into small balls about 1 inch in size. Form into rounds and flatten with your hand or a rolling pin.
- For soft cookies bake 12 minutes; for crispier bake 14. Softness is also dependant on exactly how thick you roll out the cookies, so watch them carefully in the oven.
- Cool for 5 minutes on a rack, then decorate. Store covered and refrigerated for up to 5 days.