To make the Purple Cabbage Slaw:
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and toss well, making sure all the cabbage is moistened.
- Cover and let sit in the fridge for at least 20 minutes before serving, or up to overnight.
To make the Citrus Mango Salsa:
- Cut off the peel and the white pith (the white layer between the outer peel and the flesh of the fruit) from all around the grapefruit.
- Working over a small bowl, use the knife to cut between the membranes (the layer that encases each section of grapefruit) to release the grapefruit segments into the bowl.
- Then squeeze the remaining juice from the leftover membranes into the bowl.
- Next, remove the grapefruit segments from the bowl and cut into bite size pieces and then return them to the bowl.
- Now do the same with the cara cara orange (or blood orange), but only remove the membrane if desired (orange membranes are not bitter like grapefruit).
- Add the mango, jalapeño, green onions, cilantro and lime juice, taste and season with salt.
- Cover and store in the fridge until ready to serve.
To make the Baja Fish:
- Place the fish on a cutting board and sprinkle with the paprika.
- Add the flour to a medium size shallow bowl. In another medium size shallow bowl, whisk together the eggs and beer.
- Heat about 4 inches of oil in a large heavy bottom pot to 375 degrees F.
- Dip each piece of fish through the egg/beer mixture and then dredge in the flour.
- Carefully lower, 3-4 pieces of fish at a time into the hot oil.
- Fry until golden and cooked through, about 3-4 minutes.
- Transfer with a slotted spoon to a paper towel lined plate to drain, then season with salt.
To assemble the tacos:
- Place the fish in a warm tortilla.
- Top with slaw + salsa, avocado, crema and cheese.
- Serve with fresh limes and another sprinkle of salt if desired.