Fig Brie en Croute with Walnuts and Rosemary
- 1 sheet of thawed frozen puff pastry + flour for dusting
- 14 ounce brie cheese round
- 4 ounces of fig jam
- 1 egg and 1 tablespoon of milk whisked together
- ½ cup of roughly chopped walnuts
- 2 to 3 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Roll out the puff pastry sheet so that it expands 1” around all sides on a clean surface dusted with flour.
- Place the cheese right in the center and spread the jam over top of the cheese.
- Fold the corners of dough up over the cheese and jam and layer over each other or twist it.
- Brush the entire outside of the dough with the egg and milk mixture and place on a sheet tray lined with parchment paper and bake at 350° for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped walnuts, rosemary sprigs and crackers.