Egg Noodle Pasta with Roasted Vine Tomatoes, Burrata, Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Fresh Oregano
For the Toppings:
- 10 cherry tomatoes on vine (in 2 clusters)
- 2 Tbsp of olive oil + more for garnishing
- Two 4 to 6 oz burrata balls
- 18 to 20 fresh oregano leaves
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
For the Pasta:
- 1 ¾ cup flour, sifted
- ½ tsp Kosher salt
- 3 eggs + 1 egg yolk
- water as needed
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Place tomates on a parchment-lined half-sheet tray. Drizzle evenly with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast in the oven for 15 to 18 minutes or until lightly charred and cooked. Set aside
- Add flour and salt to a clean cutting board. Using the back of your hands, make a well by pushing the flour from the inside out.
- Add eggs to the center of the well. Beat eggs with a fork.
- Continuing to whisk with fork, gradually add the flour until combines.
- With your hands, knead the dough for 5 to 7 minutes. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for one hour.
- Divide the dough into three chunks and dust on both sides with four. Gently roll the dough until flattened enough to fit into the pasta roller.
- Set roller to zero and feed the dough through it using its crank. Dust with flour, fold in the outer-third of the dough, and run through the roller again. Dust again but do not fold.
- Change the roller setting to six and again feed the flattened dough through. (Dough will be long and flat, so be sure to set aside enough counter space).
- Using a knife, cut dough into three parts.
- Add linguine attachment and feed through each piece of rolled dough.
- Hang pasta on drying rack for 30 to 45 minutes or until slightly dried out.
- In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook pasta for 3 to 4 minutes or until al dente (slightly crunchy).
- Drain pasta. Top with roasted tomatoes, burrata, extra virgin olive oil, fresh oregano, salt and pepper.