Easy Salmon Patty Recipe with Homemade Tartar Sauce Recipe
Makes 16 salmon patties
For the Salmon Patties:
- 1 ½ pounds of fresh wild caught salmon
- ½ peeled small diced yellow onion
- ½ seeded and small diced red bell pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup of mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons of chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon of Old Bay Seasoning
- 8 ounces of Ritz crackers, finely crushed
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
For the Tartar Sauce:
- ¾ cup of mayonnaise
- 2 small diced dill pickles
- 1 small diced bread and butter pickle
- 1 tablespoons of chopped capers
- 1 tablespoon of chopped parsley
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Lemons and arugula leaves for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- Tartar Sauce: Mix together all of the ingredients in a medium size bowl until combined and chill before serving.
- Salmon Patties: Place the salmon in a food processor and process on high until it becomes a thick paste.
- Transfer the salmon to a large bowl and mix in the rest of the ingredients until completely combined.
- Heat a griddle on medium to medium-high heat and add on some olive oil.
- Scoop the salmon batter into batches onto the griddle and press flat using a spatula. Cook until brown on both sides, about 2 minutes per side.
- Transfer the cooked salmon patties to a sheet tray lined with parchment paper and repeat until all of the salmon patties have been browned.
- Finish cooking the salmon patties in the oven at 375° for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Place the salmon patties over a bed of arugula and garnish with lemons and fresh tartar sauce.