Easy Cheese, Veggie and Ham Frittata Recipe
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon of unsalted butter
- ½ cup of sliced cremini mushrooms
- ½ cup of sliced asparagus
- ½ cup of diced ham
- ½ cup of diced red bell pepper
- 1 finely minced garlic clove
- 2 ounces of shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 ounces of Boursin cream cheese
- 1 peeled, cored and sliced avocado
- Optional garnishes: fresh basil and sliced green onions
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, heavy whipping cream and salt and pepper until completely combined. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a large cast iron skillet over medium high heat and sauté the mushrooms, asparagus, ham, red pepper and garlic for 3 to 4 minutes or until very lightly browned.
- Next, add in the whisked egg mixture and slowly move the eggs from the outside to the center using a spoon or rubber spatula.
- Once the eggs are slightly cooked but still runny evenly add on both cheeses and bake in the oven at 350° for 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and lightly browned.
- Garnish the frittata with sliced avocado and optional basil and sliced green onions.
- Serve hot.