For the Tacos:
- In the bowl of a crockpot, combine all of the ingredients for the corned beef. Add in 1-2 cups of water, or more as needed to cover the brisket by at least 1 inch.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8-10 hours or until tender.
- Shred the beef with two forks and lightly toss with the remaining sauce. Keep warm.
- In a bowl, mix together the Greek yogurt, lime juice and cilantro.
- Spread a little of the yogurt into a warmed tortilla. Add the shredded beef, cheddar cheese and cabbage. Serve with fresh cilantro, limes and the beer battered fried (see recipe below.
For the Beer Battered Fries:
- Heat oil in a large pot to 325 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, garlic powder, cayenne, salt and pepper. Whisk in the beer until a batter forms. If needed, add more beer to thin the batter. The batter should be the consistency of heavy cream. Let the batter sit while you partially cook the fries.
- Working in batches, place the potatoes into the oil, being careful not to crowd the pan. Cook until lightly golden, about 5 minutes. Using a slotted spoon or skimmer, remove the potatoes placing them onto a towel-lined plate and sprinkle with a few pinches of salt.
- Next, raise the oil temperature to 350 degrees F. Dip the partially cooked fries, a few at a time, into the batter, allowing any excess batter to drip off back into the bowl. Carefully lower the coated potatoes 1 at a time into the oil. DO NOT overcrowd the pot; only fry about 8-10 fries at a time. Cook until deep golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove and drain onto fresh paper towels. Sprinkle with salt and serve immediately.