Classic Skillet Apple Crisp Recipe Recipe
- 4 ounces of unsalted butter
- ½ cup of all-purpose flour
- ½ cup of almond meal
- ¾ cup of light brown sugar
- 1 cup of rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 3 peeled, cored and sliced Fuji apples
- 2 peeled, cored and sliced Granny Smith apples
- ½ cup of currants
- Juice of ½ lemon
- ¼ cup of sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- In a food processor add in the butter, flour, almond meal and brown sugar and process on low speed until the butter is the size of rice.
- Transfer the mixture to a medium size bowl and mix it together with the oats and cinnamon until combined. Set aside.
- Next, add the sliced apples to a 10” cast iron skillet along with the currants, lemon juice and sugar, and mix until combined.
- Top the apples off with the oatmeal mixture until the apples are completely covered and bake in the oven at 350° for 30 to 35 minutes or until it is lightly browned.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream and caramel.