Chorizo Quiche Recipe
- 1 homemade or store-bought refrigerated 9-inch pie crust
- ¾ pound beef chorizo
- 1 cup purple onion, diced
- 1 Anaheim pepper (or ½ medium green bell pepper), chopped
- 1 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil (optional)
- 8 large eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 4 ounces manchego or mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Line the tart pan with the pie-crust. Set aside
- In a large skillet, cook the chorizo over medium-high heat, stirring with a spoon to break up the meat, until browned, about 6 minutes.
- Remove the chorizo from the skillet with a slotted spoon and set aside on a plate lined with paper towels.
- If the chorizo was greasy, drain off all but 1 tablespoon of the fat from the skillet. Otherwise, add a tablespoon of olive oil and heat over medium-high heat.
- Add the onions and green peppers to cook, stirring, until very soft, about 5 minutes. Add the chorizo back to the skillet and mix well. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, add the eggs, milk, cream, salt, and pepper, and whisk until creamy. Add the cheese and whisk to combine.
- Spread the chorizo mixture on the crust. Add the egg mixture and top with the cherry tomatoes.
- Bake until puffed and firm when touched in the center, 30 to 40 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack for about 10 minutes.