Butterfly Pea Flower Refresher
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons dried butterfly pea flower tea
- ½ cup lime juice
- ½ cup passion fruit juice cocktail
- Fresh mint
- Fresh passion fruit for garnish
- To brew tea heat water to just under boiling and add dried tea. Stir, cover and steep for 15 minutes.
- Using a fine mesh sieve, remove tea solids and discard. Tea should be vibrant blue. Cool tea for 10 minutes.
- In a measuring cup, mix lime juice and passion fruit juice. Stir and pour 1/4 cup of the combined liquid into four glasses with ice.
- Add fresh passion fruit seeds if desired.
- Slowly pour cooled tea on top of mixed juice with ice. Pour very slowly so as not to disturb the lower layer and cause a full, immediate color change.
- Garnish with mint. Serve with a straw.