- 3 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- ¾ cup water plus 2 TB
- Zest and juice of two lemons
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 TB cornstarch
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Combine the blueberries, 3/4 cup water, lemon zest and juice and sugar in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring the dissolve the sugar.
- Meanwhile, combine the cornstarch with 2 TB cold water in a small bowl and stir to combine. Add more water if the mixture is too thick.
- When the berries are boiling, add the cornstarch mixture and stir to combine.
- Return the mixture to a boil, then turn heat down to medium and simmer for five minutes until thickened.
- Remove from heat and add the vanilla extract. Stir to combine.
- Refrigerate until needed.