- In a large bowl, combine water and yeast. Mix with a spoon, then let sit until foamy, about 5 minutes. Add in the flour and salt, stirring with a spoon until the dough comes together but is still sticky.
- Using your hands, on a floured surface, form the dough into a ball and if needed, work the additional 1/2-cup flour into the dough. All of the mixing and kneading can also be done in a stand mixer with the dough hook attachment.
- Next, rub the same bowl with olive oil, then place the dough inside, turning to coat.
- Cover with a towel and place in a warm area while you prepare the pesto; let sit at least 20 minutes.
- In a small saucepan bring the honey to a low boil.
- Add the jalapeños and cook one minute longer. Remove from the heat.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week. Warm again before serving.
- Heat a grill or grill pan to high heat. Toss the peaches with the olive oil. Once the grill is hot, place the peaches on the grill and grill until char marks appear, about 2 minutes per side. Remove from the grill and set aside.
- Preheat you Cuisinart Outdoor Pizza Oven to 500 degrees F.
- Lightly flour a counter. Use your hands or a rolling pin to roll the pizza dough out until you have a flattened disk. Then use your hands to gently tug, pull and push the pizza dough into a rough 10-12 inch circle. Dust your pizza peel with a generous amount of flour.
- Spread the pesto all over the pizza crust. Top with mozzarella and crumbled gorgonzola. Sprinkle the bacon over top and then arrange the peaches over the cheese.*
- Once your pizza oven is preheated, carefully slide your pizza from the peel and onto the pizza stone. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly. To remove the pizza, slide the peel under the pizza and pull the pizza out. Top the pizza with cherry tomatoes, basil and lettuce. Drizzle with jalapeno honey and EAT!
*If you prefer, you can add the grilled peaches after the pizza is done cooking. However, I think I liked the pizza best when the peaches were cooked onto the pizza.
**If you do not have a pizza oven, you can bake the pizza at 425 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes OR if using a pizza stone, 500 degrees F. for 10 minutes.