Directions for the Vanilla Cake:
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Prepare the the bundt pan with a light, even coating of vegetable oil spray and set aside.
- Sift the cake flour into a bowl. Add baking powder and salt and set aside.
- In your blender, add the cold cream and blend for 4-5 seconds. It should be stiff peaks only, so keep an eye on it.
- Add the eggs, superfine sugar and vanilla bean paste, and blend for 10-15 seconds more.
- Add the dry ingredients, and with your spatula just combine it a bit to make sure it blends well.
- Blend it for just a few seconds, (don’t over-mix it).
- Use a spatula and scrape the batter into the a sprayed and floured pan.
- Bake the cake in the middle of the oven for 35-40 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted between the tube comes out completely clean.
- Let the cake cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then invert the cake onto a wire rack.
- Cool completely.
- Before serving, dust the top with some powdered sugar.
Directions for the Strawberry Puree:
- Bring sugar and water to a boil and let cool for a few minutes.
- Add the strawberry, sugar syrup, lemon juice and lemon zest in your blender.
- Blend until very smooth (about 20 seconds or less).
- Pour into a glass jar. Strawberry puree can be refrigerated up to 4 days or kept frozen for weeks.
- Serve the cake with whipped cream, sliced strawberries and strawberry puree on the side.