Berry Pecan Granola
- 1 ½ cups chopped pecans
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup roasted pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 1 cup mixed dried berries and cherries
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp dried ginger
- Pinch salt
- 2 egg whites
- Preheat oven to 325. Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- Toast the pecans in a dry skillet set over medium heat until slightly browned and fragrant, 3-5 minutes. (Watch carefully so they don’t burn!)
- Combine toasted pecans, rolled oats, pepitas, dried fruit, brown sugar, spices and salt in a large bowl.
- Add the egg whites and toss to combine.
- Spread the granola in an even layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, tossing every 10 minutes until browned and fragrant.
- Allow granola to cool completely. Break into clusters and store in a large glass jar.