Beef Stir Fry with Vegetables and Rice
- 5 to 6 cups of cooked jasmine rice
- 1 pound of thinly sliced flank steak
- ½ cup of corn starch
- 4 tablespoons of sesame oil
- 1 cup of thinly sliced carrots
- 1 cup each of thinly sliced red and yellow bell peppers
- 1 cup of trimmed broccoli florets
- 1 cup of sugar snap peas
- 1 cup of thinly sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 4 cloves of roughly chopped garlic
- 1 cup of soy sauce
- 1 cup of lightly packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup of chicken stock
- Optional garnishes: sesame seeds, sliced green onions and cilantro leaves
- Cook the rice according to its measurement instructions in the Tiger rice cooker. Keep warm.
- Coat the sliced flank steak in the corn starch in a large bowl and set aside.
- Heat the sesame oil in a large wok skillet over high heat until it begins to lightly smoke. Add in the beef and stir fry until all of the pink is gone. Set the meat side.
- Add the vegetables to the same skillet and stir-fry for 2 to 4 minutes. Ad back in the beef.
- In a separate medium size bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, brown sugar and chicken stock until combined and pour it into the wok and cook over medium heat until it becomes thick.
- Serve the beef stir-fry with the cooked jasmine rice and add on optional garnishes.