Banana Poppyseed Bundt Cake with Cream Cheese Lemon Zest Glaze Recipe
For the Cake:
- ¾ cup olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ cup yoghurt
- 2 mashed bananas
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon poppyseeds
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
For the Glaze:
- 1 package cream cheese, room temperature
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- Mix all cake ingredients together until just combined.
- Pour into a greased bundt pan.
- Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes for tender cake, 50+ minutes for drier cake with crispy exterior.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Whip icing together. If lumps occur place in microwave for 30 second increments stirring vigorously until lumps are gone.
- Pour over cake and top with poppy seeds.
- Serve with steaming hot coffee.