Bailey’s and Chocolate Crème Brûlée Recipe
- 2 ½ cups of heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup of sugar + 6 teaspoons
- ¼ cup of Bailey’s Irish Cream
- 4 ounces of bittersweet chocolate, roughly chopped
- 8 egg yolks
- Cocoa powder for garnish
- Fresh berries and powdered sugar for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 300°.
- Add the cream and ½ cup of sugar to a small pot and whisk together over low heat until the sugar is dissolved.
- Next, whisk in the baileys and chocolate until completely combined and the chocolate has melted in.
- In a bowl whisk together the egg yolks and slowly pour in the chocolate cream mixture until combined.
- Strain the mixture through a fine mesh strainer and set aside.
- Place 6 ramekins inside of a large cake sheet pan and divide the crème brulee batter between the ramekins.
- Fill the cake sheet pan with water until it reaches ½ way up the ramekin.
- Bake in the oven at 300° for 60 minutes. Remove the ramekins and cool completely.
- Add 1 teaspoon of sugar to the top of the crème brulee and brulee, or torch using a kitchen torch until the sugar caramelizes, about 20 to 30 seconds.
- Garnish the crème brûlée with a light dusting of cocoa powder and fresh berries dusted with powdered sugar.