Bacon Wrapped Shrimp Skewers with Sticky Honey Garlic Sauce
For the Shrimp:
- 15 strips thin cut bacon, cut in half
- 30 extra-large shrimp, shelled with tails left on (about 1 pound)
- 1 large pineapple, cut into cubes
- 2 Tbsp butter
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅓ cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- ⅓ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- ½ teaspoon grated ginger
- ½ teaspoon hoisin sauce (optional--don't stress if you don't have it)
- ½ tablespoon lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- ½ tablespoon cornstarch
For the Sauce:
- In a small pot whisk all ingredients together except soy sauce and cornstarch.
- Bring to a boil.
- Whisk soy sauce and cornstarch together until smooth and slowly whisk into sauce.
- Cook until thickened to desired consistency (5-10 minutes).
- Soak 10 bamboo skewers in water for about 20 minutes to keep them from catching fire.
- Wrap bacon around shrimp and add to skewer securing the bacon.
- Alternate pineapple between each bacon wrapped shrimp.
- Heat your grill pan to medium high and add butter.
- Add bacon wrapped shrimp skewers to the pan and baste with butter.
- Cook each side for 7 minutes or until shrimp is bright pink and bacon is crispy.
- Remove to a paper towel to absorb excess grease.
- Baste with Sticky Honey Garlic Sauce. Return to pan for 1-2 minutes if desired.
- Top with thyme and chives if desired. Serve immediately!